We specialise in innovative thinking and ascertaining new areas of legitimate VAT recovery or VAT costs mitigation.
Education providers can fall under a number of Tax regimes and often have a complicated array of VAT liabilities to consider. Berthold Bauer have been dealing with complex VAT issues for over 25 years, we have a great deal of expertise in dealing with schools, colleges and other education providers and have a keen understanding of how VAT rules apply to the education sector. This enables us to ensure that your organisation is paying the right amount of VAT across all income streams – ensuring that you are not missing any exemptions or additional savings that your school is eligible for. Areas that we can assist with are as follows:
- Consultancy, including
- Auditing and compliance – are you paying the correct amount of VAT? Are you at risk of challenge by HMRC?
- VAT refund advice – could you be recovering additional VAT?
- Helpline– ask us a VAT query, free of charge
- Training services – the rules for schools are complex, and inadequate training can expose the organisation to risk and penalties
- Business Activity reviews – do you undertake a non-business calculation? Should you be doing so?
- Partial Exemption calculations– is your current Partial Exemption method working for you?
- Capital Expenditure reviews:
- Will construction projects qualify for VAT relief? And to what extent?
- Will VAT incurred on capital projects be eligible for VAT recovery?
- Is there an opportunity to make VAT savings?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via our Free VAT Helpline on 01732 868266 or alternatively fill in our online helpline form below: